Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain Trek (2D/1N)
The Rainbow Mountain of Peru, Also known Vinicunca newly discovered surrounding the massive Ausangate Mountain (6370m).It is an excellent trekking area offering the travelers a combination of spectacular mountain views of snow-capped peaks, herd of llamas, alpacas and Quechua farming weaving communities who are still living almost like in the Inca time. As we get closer to the Rainbow Mountain, we will begin to see the colored minerals that formed the striped mountain with a Rainbow collection of colors which is become as popular as some other well know attraction of Peru.
This trek is recommended for those having short time and already acclimatized.
DAY 1: Cusco - Chilca - Quechua - Ananta
We will pick you up from your hotel at 05:00am in our private transport, and then we will drive through the South Valley of Cusco. It is about 3 hours driving to get the start of the hike Chilca community (4200 m).On the way we will pass through the traditional villages with the spectacular views of the Andes. While we are packing up for our journey, our chef will be preparing our energetic breakfast. Our trekking start through the green valley full of alpacas grazing everywhere on the mountain site, on our way we will be able to appreciate the beautiful Ausangate Mountain (6370m) in the distance. We will continue our hike with climb to Puka Cocha pass (4900m). It will take us around 3 hours. From where we will enjoy the beauty of the Ausangate Mountain and the surrounding mountains. After enjoying the views and taking pictures, we will start to go down to the camp for lunch. The Puka Cocha pass is about the Puca Cocha Lake and the magnificent Ausangate Mountain. After delicious lunch we will continue to our first camp Ananta (4400m) with the beautiful views of the landscapes surrounding and finally arriving to the camp after two more hours of trekking, we will settle into our tent for the night and take the moment to appreciate the beautiful clear sky of full of constellation.
- Maximum Altitude: 4900m
- Minimum altitude: 4200m
- Trekking distance: 12-13 km
- Estimate time: 5-6 hours
DAY 2: Ananta - Vinicunca - Rainbow Mountain - Cusco
After early breakfast, we will start gradually ascent around one hour to the Ananta pass (4500m) from where we will have the first view of the amazing Rainbow Mountain in the distance. Then we go down through the valley until to reach the final uphill to the Rainbow Mountain 5200m with views of snowy peaks in the close distance and facing the famous colorful natural Attraction Mountain in Peru.
After enjoying views and taking pictures, we will head downhill to the community LLactu (4100m) where we will have our last lunch. We will then drive 4 hours back to Cusco and drop you off at your hotel arriving Cusco around 18:00pm.
- Maximum Altitude: 5200m
- Minimum altitude: 4100m
- Trekking distance: 12-13 km
- Estimate time: 6-7 hours
SERVICE NOT INCLUDED:
- Pre departure briefing directly at your Hotel
- Transport: Private transportation from Cusco (hotel) to start of the trek. Private transportation from the end of the trek to Cusco.
- Meals: 02 breakfast, 02 lunches, 02 dinners + daily morning snack. food is includes pancakes, omelets, soup, fresh fruits, chicken,fish,meat,rice pasta and hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is very effective against altitude sickness. Teatime every afternoon (tea, coffee, and popcorn. We can also provide vegetarian meals and special diets. Just let us know in advance or during the briefing on the evening before the trekking.
- Every morning and afternoon warm water to clean yourself up.
- English speaking professional guide (two Guides for 8 people of over 8 people)
- Horsemen and horses to carry the tents,food,cooking equipment and your personal equipment such as mattress, sleeping bag and clothing to change. A maximum of 8 Kilos per person. An emergency horse in case someone needs help and is not able to continue walking.
- Camping equipment: 2 people will always share a spacious 4 people dome igloo tent with plenty of spaces for your backpack. Cooking equipment dining tent kitchen tent, first aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- One inflatable sleeping pad per person
- Toilet tents with biodegradable toilet facilities
- Filtered boiled water from 2nd day onwards
- Bio-degradable hand soaps
- Entrance fees to the communities
- First breakfast (day one)
- Sleeping bag (25 US$ to rent)
- Tips: Please note that our company staff is well paid so feel free to tip or as you wish