LARES VALLEY + 2DAYS CLASSIC INCA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 4D/3N
This particular trek is the combination of the magnificent mountains, beautiful lakes, local Quechua farming and weaving communities. The trail goes over the highland communities with amazing views of the magnificent mountains, herds of llamas, and Alpacas. On the third day joining the classic 4-day Inca trail at the impressive archaeological site Wiñayhuyna one of the most beautiful archeological site on the entire classic Inca trail, continuing through the famous Sun gate or Inti Punku, for the magnificent view of MachuPicchu for the first time and enjoying the sunset and finally on day 4, full day visit of the mysterious place MachuPicchu.
DAY 1: CUSCO- LARES VALLEY-WACAHUASI
We will pick you up from your hotel at 05:30am to drive through the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas for about 1 hour in our private transport. Our first stop will be at Calca to have breakfast and to buy the last supply. From here we will continue driving to Lares Valley for about 2 hours and then reach Chankachaka (3400m), where we are going to start with our trek, we will start our trekking by walking up a small valley for around 2 hours that will lead us to small farming community Wacahuasi (3650m) in the middle of a spectacular mountain scenery, where we are going to have lunch, then after delicious lunch we will keep walking for another 1 hour to the first camp Chaqchapata (3800m).
- Starting altitude: 3400m
- Trekking distance: 10 km
- Estimated time: 5-6 hours approx.
- Maximum altitude: 3800m
- Campsite altitude: 3800m
DAY 2: WACAHUASI-MANTANAY-YANAHUARA
After breakfast, we will start walking gradually up for around 3 hours to the top of Wacahuasi pass (4600m).Along the way we will be able to see beautiful mountain landscapes, meet local people with their traditional clothing and observe herd of Llamas and Alpacas. From the pass we will have magnificent views of the lake and the surrounding mountains. This site of the pass is completely different to the other site, then we will continue with our way down for around 2 hours walking by the beautiful lakes where we will be able to observe species of birds like the Puna Ibis, mountain ducks, and Andean Geese. After our delicious lunch we will then gently descend through a beautiful vegetation of Polilepis Incana for about 3 hours to the second camp Yanahuara (3000m)
- Starting altitude: 3800m
- Trekking distance: 14 km
- Estimated time: 8-9 hours approx...
- Maximum altitude: 4600m
- Campsite altitude: 3000m
DAY 3: YANAHURA-OLLANTAYTAMBO-WIÑAYHUYNA-SUN GATE-AGUAS CALIENTES
Early morning after breakfast around 6:30 am we will take our private transportation to the train station at Ollantaytambo to board the train at 07:45am, which will take us to KM 104(starting point of the hike).Where we will start to walk up gently around 4 hours to the Inca Site Wiñayhuyna (forever young) 2650m. This is an impressive Archaeological site made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, urban and religious sectors. On the way up we will have magnificent views of the Urubamba river valley and Inca remains on the side of the river. After exploring the Inca site we will continue to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) 2720 m, it will take us 1 hour. From here we will have our first panoramic views of MachuPicchu spread out on the mountain below. From Inti Punku we will descend to MachuPicchu then go down to Aguas Calientes to spend a night and to have dinner.
Starting altitude: 2040m
- Trekking distance: 14 km
- Estimate time: 7-8 hours Approx.
- Maximum Altitude: 2720m (Sun Gate)
- Aguas Calientes: 2000m
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES-MACHUPICCHU-CUSCO
We wake up early morning to have breakfast in the hotel, then we will take one of the first buses back to MachuPicchu for the sun rise. Of course we will take you to the classic spot to take your post card pictures. This vantage point offers a terrific views of the whole complex and then we will have two hour guided tour of the site, during our tour you will learn about our ancestors and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After our tour we will have free time to explore the site by yourself. Once you feel that you have seen every corner of MachuPicchu you will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes for lunch. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytrambo from where our private transportation will take you to the hotel in Cusco.
SERVICE NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation: Private transport from Cusco to start of the trek, private transport from the end of the trek Yanahuara to Ollantaytambo, Train from Ollantaytambo to Km104,bus from MacchuPicchu to Aguas Caliente(first day),bus round trip Aguas Calientes to MachuPicchu(second day),train back to Ollantaytambo and transfer from the train station to the hotel in Cusco.
- Accommodation: Double occupancy tents with Therm-a-rest sleeping pads (first night and second night), hotel in Aguas Calientes on the 3rd night (based on 2 people sharing one room).Upgrade is always possible.
- Meals: 3 breakfast, 2 lunch, box lunch (3rd day), 3 dinners. We can also provide vegetarian meals and especial diets, just let us know while you are booking or during the briefing.
- Entrance tickets to the Inca trail and entrance tickets to MachuPicchu
- Professional bilingual local guide (English and Spanish)
- Horsemen and horses to carry the tents,food,cooking equipment and your personal gear
- Camping equipment, 2 people will always share a spacious 4 people dome igloo tent with plenty of spaces for your backpack, inflatable mattress, cooking equipment, dining tent, kitchen tent (day 1 and day 2), first aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle
- Emergency horses in case someone needs help and is not able to continue walking
- First breakfast at Calca(day 1)
- Last lunch at Aguas Calientes (after MachuPicchu)
- Sleeping bag (25 US$ to rent)
- Tips and extra spending,
- Ticket for WaynaPicchu.If you would like to climb WaynaPicchu please tell us for which group (07:00 0r 10:00) in the remark field while booking. Additional cost would be USD 70 and paid at briefing.