Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N
Starting from only USD 405/person.
This 2-day program covers 14 km Inca Trail, joining the classic 4-day route at the impressive archaeological site Wiñayhuyna. Continuing through the famous Inti Punku or Sun Gate, for the magnificent view of MachuPicchu for the first time as well as enjoying the sunset. Finally devoting the second day to the full day visit of world-famous Inca Citadel of MachuPicchu. This program is recommended for those having less time or those looking to hike a shorter version of the Inca Trail with out camping.
Day 1: Cusco - km 104 -Wiñay Wayna - Machu Picchu- Agua Calientes
We pick you up from your hotel at 05:30am in our private van to take you to the train station at Ollantaytambo where we board the train at 07:45. We travel by train 1 hour 30 minutes until we reach km 104 - the start of the trail . From here we will start to walk up 4 hours aproximatly to the Inca site Wiñayhuayna ('Forever Young') 2650m. after exploring the inca site, we will continue to 'Inti Punku' ('Sun gate') 2720m for about 1 hour, from where we will have your first panaromic view of Machu Picchu (2400m).it will take us 1 hour walking down to get MachuPicchu to go down to Aguas Calientes to spend the night and to have dinner. You can also go to the thermal springs in the town after finishing the trail.
- Trekking distance: 14 km
- Estimated time: 6-7 hours
- Maximum altitude: 2720m (Sun Gate)
- Aguas Calientes: 2000m
Day 2: Aguas Calientes-MachuPicchu- WaynaPicchu
We wake up early in the morning; have breakfast in the hotel and then take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu.There is one good reason to be at the entrance of MachuPicchu early. It is well worth the effort to get up early as the Inca City is quietest in the early morning and we will have plenty of time to take photos and enjoyed the sun rise over Machu Picchu. Of course our guide will take you to the classic spot to take your post card pictures. This vantage point offers a terrific view of the whole complex, and then our Guide will give you a tour around MachuPicchu telling you about the history of MachuPicchu and the most important buildings.
After that you will have a free time to explore the site on your own again. Once you feel that you have seen every corner of Machu Picchu you will take a bus down to the village of Aguas Calientes to have lunch. Make sure that, before you leave MachuPicchu by bus, the guides give you time and location of meeting place in Aguas Calientes where you will get your train tickets back to Cusco.
Service not included:
- Transportation: Private van to the Ollantaytambo train station, train tickets to km 104, bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (first day), bus tickets round trip Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (second day) train tickets back to Ollantaytambo and transfer from the train station to the Hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and entrance ticket Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Meals: lunch box the first day, dinner first night
- Accomodation at Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast the firts day and Lunch the second day.
- Tips and extra spendings
- Ticket for Wayna Picchu. If you would like to climb Wayna Picchu please tell us for which group (07:00 or 10:00) in the remarks field while booking. Additional cost would be USD 70 and be paid at the briefing.
- Please note that no porters are foreseen for this trek as we do not get one day permits for the inca trail for porters. Everything you need for the two days you have to carry yourself.