Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N
This 2-day program covers 14 km of the Inca Trail, joining the classic 4-day route at the impressive archaeological site Wiña Wayna. Continuing to the famous Inti Punku or Sun Gate, for the first magnificent view of MachuPicchu and to enjoy the sunset. The second day is for the tour of the world-famous Inca Citadel MachuPicchu. This program is recommended for those who have less time or those wanting to hike a shorter version of the Inca Trail without camping.
Day 1: Cusco - Km 104 - Wiñay Wayna - Machu Picchu - Agua Calientes
We pick you up from your hotel at 05:30am in our private transportation to take you to the train station at Ollantaytambo . We travel by train 1 hour 30 minutes to Km 104(2050m/6,725ft) the start of the trail .We will walk up approximately 4 hours to the Inca site Wiñay Wayna ('Forever Young') at 2650m/8,694ft. After exploring the Inca site, we will continue for about 1 hour to 'Inti Punku' (Sun Gate) at 2720m/8,923ft where we will have the first panoramic view of Machu Picchu (2400m/7,874ft) Then we will walk down to MachuPicchu and to go by bus down to Aguas Calientes for dinner and the night. You can also go to the thermal springs.
- Trekking distance: 14 km/8.69 miles
- Aguas Calientes: 2'040m/6'692ft
Day 2: Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu - Cusco
We wake up early this morning to; have breakfast in the hotel and then take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu.. It is well worth the effort to arrive at Machu Picchu early because the Inca City is quietest in the early morning and we will have time to take photos and enjoy the sunrise over Machu Picchu. your guide will take you to the classic spot to take your post card pictures. This vantage point offers a terrific view of the whole complex, Then you will have a guided tour of Machu Picchu, learning about the history of MachuPicchu and seeing the most important buildings and temples.
Once you feel that you have seen every corner of Machu Picchu you will take a bus back down to Aguas Calientes to have lunch. Make sure,that before you leave MachuPicchu ,you know the time and location of meeting in Aguas Calientes where you will get your train tickets for returning to Cusco.You will take the train to Ollantaytambo and then our private transportation will take you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Total distance by bus 6km/3.37miles
- Machu Picchu altitude 2'400m/7'874ft
Services not included:
- Transportation: Private van to the Ollantaytambo train station, train to Km 104, bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (first day), bus round trip between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu (second day) train back to Ollantaytambo and transfer from the train station to your Hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and entrance to Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Meals: box the first day, dinner the first night
- Hotel at Aguas Calientes (based on two people sharing one room. Upgrades are always possible.
- Breakfast the first day and lunch the second day.
- Tips and extra spending
- Ticket for Wayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain. If you would like to climb either of these mountins please tell us in the remarks field while booking. Additional cost is USD 70.
- Please note that no porters are used on this trek. Carry only what you need for the hike the first day and the second day.