Inca QUARRY Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
The Inca Quarry trek to Machupicchu (also known by the names Soqma and Cachicata trek).This trek start in the remote village and it take you up through the high mountains passing by the beautiful waterfall Peroiniyoq, visiting an ancient Inca Archaeological site Qorimarka and the Inca Quarry Cachicata. The Quarry is the place where the Incas unearthed rocks to build Ollantaytambo.On this trek we will enjoy beautiful snow-capped mountains of the famous sacred valley. At the end, we will visit one of the most spectacular Inca city Machupicchu.
This trek is recommended for people who want to experience the nature and exploring the less popular trails to Machupicchu.
DAY 1: Cusco - Soqma - Peroiniyoq - Qorimarka
We will pick you up 05:30am from you hotel and drive to Choquequilla, a small Inca ceremonial place. From here, a short drive will take us to Rafqa (2800m), where we will start to hike and meet our horsemen that will join us during our hike. Then after approximately 1 hour hiking we will get to a small community of Soqma (3000m). A further one hour walk take us to Perolniyoc waterfall(3300m) where we will stop for photos and snack. From here, we continue to Qorimarka Inca site to explore for about 30 minutes, then getting to the base camp by lunch time.
- Maximum Altitude: 2800m
- Minimum altitude: 3600m
- Trekking distance: 3-4 km
- Estimate time: 4-5 hours
DAY 2: Qorimarka - Intipunku - Choquetacarpo
After our early breakfast, we start to hike. A 4 hours hike will take us to the top of the first pass Pukaqasa (4400m). After enjoying the views of the mountains and of the below valley, we walk down for about 20 minutes to the lunch spot. From here, we continue another 2 hours to reach a small Inca site with amazing views of the valley below and Veronica mountain (5750m). Finally arriving our camp Choquetacarpo (3600m)
- Maximum Altitude: 4400m
- Minimum altitude: 3600m
- Trekking distance: 10-11 km
- Estimate time: 6-7 hours
DAY 3: Choquetacarpo - Kachicata Quarry - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
On this third day, we have early breakfast and then continue our decent to the Inca Quarry Cachicata (3500m), where we will witness the Quarry of Ollantaytambo with remains of massive stones that they had worked on and which were destined for the construction of Ollantaytambo there are some interesting places including several large buildings, quarried stones left half finished and caved with Inca mummies still in the place. After exploring the quarry, we will continue going down around 2 hour to Ollantaytambo town(2900m), which is the ending point of our trek, we then board the train to travel to Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu pueblo (2040m).We will spend the night in the hotel and have dinner. You can also go to the thermal spring in the town
- Maximum Altitude: 3600m
- Minimum altitude: 2040m
- Trekking distance: 6-7 km
- Estimate time: 4-5hours
DAY 4: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
We wake up early in the morning; have breakfast in the hotel and then take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu (2400m).There is one good reason to be at the entrance of Machu Picchu early. It is well worth the effort to get up early as the Inca City is quietest in the early morning and we will have plenty of time to take photos and enjoyed the sunrise over Machu Picchu. Of course, our guide will take you to the classic spot to take your post card pictures. This vantage point offers a terrific view of the whole complex, and then our Guide will give you a tour around Machu Picchu telling you about the history of Machu Picchu and the most important buildings.
At the end of our visit, we will take the bus down to Aguas Calientes for lunch and then board the train to return to Ollantaytambo where our private transport will be waiting to take us back to Cusco-Hotel
SERVICE NOT INCLUDED:
- Pre departure briefing directly at your Hotel
- Transport: Private transport from Cusco (hotel) to start of the trek. Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes. Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes. Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco -hotel
- Accommodation: Hotel in Aguas Calientes on the 3rd night (based on two people sharing one room)
- Meals: 03 breakfast, 03 lunches, 03 dinners + daily morning snack. food is includes pancakes, omelets, soup, fresh fruits, chicken,fish,meat,rice pasta and hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is very effective against altitude sickness. Teatime every afternoon (tea, coffee, and popcorn. We can also provide vegetarian meals and special diets. Just let us know in advance or during the briefing on the evening before the trekking.
- Every morning and afternoon warm water to clean yourself up.
- English speaking professional guide (two Guides for 8 people of over 8 people)
- Horsemen and horses to carry the tents,food,cooking equipment and your personal equipment such as mattress, sleeping bag and clothing to change. A maximum of 8 Kilos per person. An emergency horse in case someone needs help and is not able to continue walking.
- Camping equipment: Two people will always share a spacious four people dome igloo tent with plenty of spaces for your backpack. Cooking equipment dining tent kitchen tent, first aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- One inflatable sleeping pad per person
- Toilet tents with biodegradable toilet facilities
- Filtered boiled water from 2nd day onwards
- Bio-degradable hand soaps
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- First breakfast ( day one)
- last lunch at Aguas Calientes(after Machu Picchu)
- Sleeping bag (25 US$ to rent) Entrance fees for Huyna Picchu mountain: If you would like to climb this mountain please tell us for which group (07:00am or 10:00am) in the remark field while booking additional cost would be US$ 20 and be paid at briefing.
- Tips: Please note that our company staff is well paid so feel free to tip or as you wish.