Half day city tour, full day Sacred Valley and Macchu Picchu
Day 1: Half day tour around Cusco (Saqsayhuaman-Qenquo-Puka Pukara-Tambomachay
We will pick you up from the hotel at 13:30pm or in the morning at 08:00am and drive to the impressive Inca site Saqsaywaman, where you will be amazed by the rocks used for construction, some of them weigh more than 100 tons.
The tour continues exploring Quenqo (labyrinth) with impressive rock carvings and tunnels carved into the solid rock.
After a 10 minutes drive we will see the small fortress of Puka Pucara (red fortress) used as military control gate as entrance to Cusco. Walking 15 minutes we will arrive at Tambomachay ( temple of the water), temple dedicated to worship the water and fertility. We return to Cusco at the end of the tour.
Day 2: Full day Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes
The Sacred valley tour starts in Cusco at 8:00 am. We pick you up from your hotel in our private taxi or bus to drive to Pisaq Inca remains to explore terraces, temples for about 1 hour. Then we go down to the local market Pisaq. After the visit to the local market we will drive to Urubamba for lunch by the Urubamba river.
After a short rest we keep going until we reach Ollantaytambo, one of the last living Inca towns. You will be amazed by the living Inca town, the impressive temple of the Sun, the terraces constructed to sustain the mountain with its beautiful water fountains.
After exploring the whole Inca Site we will have free time to walk around the Ollantaytambo town before going to the train station at Ollantaytambo from where we will take the train at 19:00 pm to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town, 2040m) arriving at around 20:45pm where the warm atmosphere will give you a welcome with the typical jungle sounds. As soon we get to Aguas Calientes we will take you to the hotel.
Day 3: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Breakfast at the Hotel and then to take one of the first buses between 05:30am 06:00am up to Machu Picchu to see the sun rise and to explore the mysterious Inca City with our guide. This take about 3 hours and then you can climb Wayna Picchu mountain(2720 M) in the second group at 10:00am (optional and would cost additional USD 8). It will take approx. 45 to 60 minutes to reach the top. After enjoying the beutifull views from the top we hike back down to Machu Picchu. If you have extra energy you can explore more by yourself. Once you have seen enough we'll catch a bus back to Aguas Calientes. You'll have some time to visit Aguas Calientes and at 16:43 pm we'll take the train that will bring us to Poroy train station. The train arrives there at 20:30 pm and a private transport is awaiting us which will bring us back to your hotel in Cusco.
Services not included:
- Transportation: Private transportation for half day tour and on the Sacred Valley, train tickets from Ollantaytambo train station to Aguas Calientes and back to Cusco, bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to MachuPicchu and back to Aguas Calientes.
- Full entrance tickets to the Inca Remains for the half day tour and for the sacred valley
- Entrance tickets to MachuPicchu
- Meals: breakfast third day at the hotel.
- Hotel at Aguas Calientes the second day.
- Private tour guide for the complete three days.
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel .
- Hotel at Aguas Calientes the second day
- Meals: lunch at Urubamba second day, diner the second day and lunch after Machu Picchu third day.
- Tips and extra spendings
- Ticket for Wayna Picchu. If you would like to climb Wayna Picchu please tell us for which group (07:00 or 10:00) in the remarks field while booking. Additional cost would be USD 25 and be paid at the briefing.